Dr. Steinbrech enlightens us with a new trend in the beauty industry, as well as a cultural shift within our society. Men are now paying more attention and investing more into their appearance with cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and/or nonsurgical treatments for both a more youthful face and sculpted physique. Statistics confirm as far back as 2012, one million cosmetic procedures were performed just on male patients seeking an improved aesthetic, solidifying a 106% increase since 1997 in male plastic surgery – over the last 20 years or so.
With the competitive job market often cited as the main motivating factor for men to get plastic surgery, the Top Five Male Plastic Surgery Procedures which most are opting for are as follows:
- Liposuction — with a shelf life of 10-20 years for abs and thighs, and 10-15 years for the neck, liposuction may cost men anywhere between $2,700 – $5,000. The cost of pain however is a 5/10 with just two days of recovery time.
- Rhinoplasty (nose job) — with a permanent shelf life, rhinoplasty may cost men anywhere between the range of $2,700 – $5,000. The cost of pain however is a 5/10 with just two days of recovery time.
- Eyelid surgery — with a shelf life of 15-20 years, eyelid surgery may cost men anywhere between the range of $4,500 – $8,000. The cost of pain however is a 4/10 with 5-7 days of recovery time.
- Gynecomastia (male breast reduction) — with a permanent shelf life, gynecomastia may cost men anywhere between the range of $1,500 – $5,000. The cost of pain however is a 6/10 with 2-3 days of recovery time.
- Face-lifts — with a shelf life of 10-15 years, face-lifts may cost men anywhere between the range of $6,000 – $11,000. The cost of pain however is a 4/10 with 5-7 days of recovery time.
However, these aren’t the only surgical procedures that are highly sought after by men in today’s society, neck-lifts, chin implants, pectoral implants, and even buttock implants are becoming progressively popular as well.
About Dr. Steinbrech:
Dr. Douglas Steinbrech is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon under the American Board of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Steinbrech’s practice specializes in cosmetic procedures customized for men, including both surgical and non-surgical options. His passion for male plastic surgery led him to establish The Institute of Male Plastic Surgery in early 2016, which will provide an educational foundation for current and future physicians to learn about and help further this sub-specialty.
Dr. Steinbrech is one of a very few surgeon’s in the United States that has a practice that focuses on procedures that are most important to men. His techniques, attention to detail, and approach to cosmetic procedures are customized to the male anatomy, which is significantly different than that of the female population. He has been recognized as being one of the top plastic surgeons for men in his field by multiple media sources.
In addition to his busy surgical practice, Dr. Steinbrech in often called upon to speak both nationally and internationally about his techniques and the unique differences he has implemented in his practice to accommodate the desires and body structures of men.
Along with a highly skilled team of physicians, Dr. Steinbrech is currently editing the first textbook focused solely on the unique techniques used in cosmetic procedures designed just for men entitled Anesthetic Plastic Surgery for Men.
The textbook is expected to be in circulation by Spring, 2017.