When it comes to treating gynecomastia, male breast reduction surgery can be achieved with liposuction. It all depends of the mild to extreme cases of the condition. Other than informal or traditional ways of covering/hiding your embarrassment, removing the excess glandular tissue will always be the most effective ways to treat gynecomastia in Los Angeles.
Procedure/Surgery Basics in LA
- Surgical time is on average two hours.
- Requires local or general anesthesia.
- You will be required to wear a special compression garment for a period of time during recovery to help support the new contours of your chest.
- Downtime is minimal and results are permanent, unless future access weight gain causes excess fat in the breast area.
When considering male breast reduction surgery in LA, it is important to look to a board certified plastic surgeon. Cost of surgery is worth the comfort and trust you will obtain with the right surgeon for you.
The 7 types of Gynecomastia Include:
The horizontal line represents the level of the chest fold. The purpose of categorization of gynecomastia is to determine what type of surgery is best suited for you.
Type 1 “Puffy Nipple”
- It is usually composed of glandular tissue that is firm and dense.
- Many Type 1 gynecomastia patients in Los Angeles have lean body mass, have little fat and are of young age.
- Surgically removing the glandular breast tissue is the preferred choice for Dr. Steinbrech and are minimally invasive.
Type 2 “Most Common”
- Most males have excess breast volume that consumes the lower chest and is often the size of a tennis ball and could even be as large as a soft ball.
- Liposuction is the preferred and most effective treatment however; some patients have a combination of both fatty and glandular tissue.
- ***For these type of cases, a combination of liposuction and surgical removal is the preferred choice of surgery.
Type 3 “Angled 45-60 Degrees”
- Treatment for Type 3 gynecomastia depends on age and skin quality of the chest as it begins to sag.
- Surgical removal of breast tissue is often the preferred technique to ensure all necessary breast tissue is removed.
Type 4 “Angled 60-90 Degrees”
- Surgical removal of breast tissue is the ideal procedure to ensure all of the breast tissue is removed.
- Liposuction is not an effective treatment for removing Type 4 gynecomastia.
Type 5 “Defined Sagging Breast”
- Described as sagging breast tissue, which falls below the chest fold, and the bottom of the areola is located above the chest fold.
- Requires an anchor lift to properly tighten the chest.
- Steinbrech will perform both liposuction and surgical removal of breast tissue at the same time for this type of gynecomastia.
Type 6 “Severe”
- Extending under the arm pits and towards the back.
- If the patient is heavy and overweight, liposuction may be used to flatten the breast and decrease the fatty deposits.
Type 7 “Areola Sagging”
- Noticeable volume in the breast which will often extend towards the back.
- Surgical removal of the breast tissue is the best option for Type 7 gynecomastia to ensure complete removal of all unwanted breast tissue for male patients in LA.
For more information about the stages of gynecomastia, and other cosmetic procedures for men in the Los Angeles area, please visit: maleplasticsurgeryla.com to set up your consultation today!