A chiseled jawline — Unless you’ve been living under a rock, for ages, it’s been a coveted physical trait that ladies lust over, and men pride themselves on having. But, if you weren’t born with it, keep calm and know two things: 1. You’re not alone, and 2. this highly sought-after facial feature can still be yours!
Here are the top five ways you can achieve a more chiseled jawline:
- Smile: Not only is it important show how happy you are, but smiling is actually a great exercise to work out and tighten the muscles in your face.
- Use collagen-enhancing products on your skin: In case you didn’t know, collagen is the active ingredient in the skin that keeps it tight. The good news? There are plenty of cleansers and toners on the market that encourage collagen production in your skin — give some a go!
- Chew gum: According to Wiki How, Gum is “one of the easiest and best-known ways of improving your jaw definition,” and should sharpen it up in no time!
- Maintain your beard regularly: Here’s a little secret — keeping the hairs around your jawline looking sharp, will have your actual jawline looking even sharper!
- Consider chin augmentation: Also known as Mentoplasty, a chin augmentation reshapes the chin with an enhancement with a chin implant or reduction surgery performed on the chin bone. Dr. Steinbrech specializes in chin augmentation for men in Los Angeles. The individual facial features of the chin and jawline can greatly impact the balance/harmony of all facial features. If the nose is prominent or large, it will appear even more so when combined with a weak chin or un-pronounced jawline. Altering the appearance of the chin and jawline can greatly improve the harmony of the face as well as counter the effects of age.
About the chin/jawline augmentation procedure:
Chin/jawline augmentation surgery is performed through a small incision inside the lower lip between it and the gums or in the natural crease line just underneath the chin. The overlying tissues are lifted of the chin bone creating a space where an implant can be placed over the deficient bone of the skeleton. Fine sutures are used to close the incisions, and the scar is usually imperceptible.
Chin implants are made from a special medical-grade material that looks and feels like natural bone, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes so that they can be tailored to the individual patient.
Surgical times average thirty minutes and local anesthesia is commonly used. For chin augmentation surgery, a small incision is made just beneath the chin. The implant is inserted and the incision is closed.
For jawline augmentation an incision is made inside the mouth near the area of the third molars and an implant is inserted. Both a jawline and chin augmentation can be performed within the same surgery for male patients in Los Angeles.
Swelling post jawline/chin augmentation surgery is common; swelling typically peaks at 24-48 hours after surgery. Heightened swelling does subside, however prolonged swelling may occur and final surgery results will be seen within several months. Most male patients in LA return to work within 5 days after chin augmentation surgery, however strenuous exercise should be avoided for ten days.
Restrictions to activities and diet will occur during the recover period. Dr. Steinbrech instructs all patients in the areas of dental and oral hygiene post-surgery.
For more information about chin augmentation for men in Los Angeles, please contact Dr. Steinbrech’s clinic to set up your no-obligation mentoplasty consultation today. You may also call 310-570-2402 to speak to a Patient Advisor to learn more about chin augmentation.